Lee County's new super Walmart opens tomorrow (August 16th) at 7:30 a.m. for those interested.
Lee County's new super Walmart opens tomorrow (August 16th) at 7:30 a.m. for those interested.
I saw that on my way to Jonesville to play 27 holes the other day. Doesnt make much sense to put up there does it? I mean there is a super walmart in wise, 45 minutes away, and one in middlesboro which is approximately 45 minutes away in the othe direction.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
That's the point isn't it? I mean I had always heard that there was a goal to have one every 30-45 minutes away. If you have to make the 45 minute drive everytime (or greater) you appreciate it.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
If you lived in Lee County you would see the point in having one. We have hardly any stores, and the ones we do have inflate their prices because they know people will pay for it. It does get very old having to drive 45 minutes in either direction just to go to a Wal Mart.
Grundy's in the same boat - I'm about 5o minutes rom both the Pikeville & the Claypool Hill stores. Everyone that goes to either is taking tax dollars OUT of the county... they need to stay here, so we're getting us a store soon, too.
Blacksburg has 3 Super Wal-marts within reach, ranging from a 10 minute drive to a 30 minute drive.
Pulaski County, Montgomery County, Giles County.
Two are even on Peppers Ferry Road.
And now Dublin (Pulaski County) is getting their own Super Wal-Mart.
And if you want to go to the 45 minute drive range, Wytheville has a Super Wal-mart.
Now I find it convenient to have one nearby, maybe this is oversaturation.
To add humor to it, I've heard many many Tech students complain that there's no Wal-mart or Kmart in Blacksburg.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I've heard that they have or are going to start closing the store at night. anyone down that way know for sure?
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks